Brain Injury Lawyer in Washington, DC
An injury to the brain is always a serious issue, as the brain is part of the body’s central nervous system. According to the CDC, traumatic brain injury (TBI) is one of the leading causes of death and disability among young adults and children in the U.S. with an estimated 1.5 million brain injuries occurring each year. These types of injuries will often take an immense physical, psychological, and financial toll on victims and their families. If you or someone you love has suffered a brain injury in Washington, DC due to the negligent actions of another, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit for compensation.
The brain injury lawyers at Dash Injury Law Firm offer professional legal representation for brain injury victims in the DC and Northern Virginia areas.
Types of Brain Injury Lawsuits in Washington, DC
There are various types of lawsuits that involve brain injuries. Some of the most common are listed here:
- Birth Injury - Newborns may suffer brain damage or trauma as a result of hypoxia or reduced blood flow to the brain during delivery.
- Medical Malpractice - Healthcare providers may sometimes fail to diagnose or treat illnesses that cause injuries to the brain. Surgical mistakes may also cause brain injuries.
- Car and Truck Accidents - According to the CDC, car accidents are a leading cause of traumatic brain injury. Blunt force trauma often occurs in car crashes due to the impact of the collision or airbags.
- Slip and Falls - According to BrainLine, more than 1.3 million brain injuries are the result of falls, and 47% of traumatic brain injuries in the United States are caused by falls.
This list contains only a few of the different types of cases where a brain injury may occur. A brain injury lawyer in Washington, DC can help you file a lawsuit against the responsible party regardless of the type of accident or negligence.
Statute of Limitations for Brain Injury Lawsuits in Washington, DC
It is important to take immediate action after suffering a brain injury. Damage to the brain can become worse if the victim is not given medical treatment soon after the incident. Brain injury victims in DC have three years from the date of the injury to file a claim.
If you do not file a lawsuit within the three years following your injury, you could lose your right to file a claim. When the statute of limitations passes, the defendant can file a motion to dismiss the case. Three years may seem like a long time, however, it is important to file a brain injury lawsuit in DC as soon as possible while the details of the accident are still fresh. A brain injury lawyer in Washington, DC can help you file your claim before the deadline passes.
How a Brain Injury Lawyer in Washington, DC Can Help You
Dash Injury Law Firm is dedicated to providing skilled and experienced legal services to brain injury victims in DC. We want you to focus on recovering from your injuries and so we work hard to get you the monetary damages you need to pay your medical bills and compensate you for your pain and suffering. Our brain injury lawyers in DC work on a contingency fee basis which means you do not pay us anything until you have been successfully awarded damages.
Our lawyers will help you with the following:
- Dealing with insurance companies
- Investigating the full extent of your injury and its consequences
- Identifying the responsible parties
- Calculating and negotiating a fair settlement
- Completing the necessary paperwork
We are here to help you and your family through this difficult time by guiding you through the complex litigation process.
Contact Our Washington, DC Brain Injury Lawyers
Call Dash Injury Law Firm today at 888-(DASH-LAW) or complete an online contact form for a free consultation.
The information contained in these pages should not be taken as a substitute for legal advice and it is in fact not legal advice, especially as to cases which are highly fact-specific.